Pages

Friday 27 January 2012

Archive Dress Prints, mind like a butterfly, work like a bee,busy busy bee!

Oh My!... how quickly this week has gone... and how quickly the first month of the year has flown as well..... I have already broken all my resolutions .... only one blog post this week ... and whatever happened to my promise to do a sketchaday? No, I have not abandoned the idea but perhaps it shall be "sketchaeveryonceinawhile'...... I shall try to update sometime this weekended.
Early part of the week I was at the Interiors Fair in Birmingham NEC, where I met a few interesting contacts. I shall give an update another time.
Then I met a wonderful man at one of the Universities in Manchester............ he is a Textile Research professor who I had arranged to see because I own a collection of archive patterns which I wanted him to see.......... What a wonderful place to work, I was so envious.......... I wanted to be locked in forever as there was so many collections of paper designs from studios and mills... I was in my element..................
It was a very interesting meeting... I now need to decide if I want to keep my collection and work up some new concepts or not.......I will keep you posted but may have to resist the temptation to show the world the designs until I am ready. The images in the photo are from one or two of my textile and fashion books and some postcards...... not my designs..... You may have guessed that the designs I have, have been dated and authenticated as between 1830- 1880...........hence the Victorian look........... Oh! and the reason I mention the butterfly..... the professor told me that I was a typical designer and had a mind like a butterfly because I was so interested at everything in the room.... but I know that I now need to become a bee and work hard at my desk over the next few weeks....... bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...