Pages

Sunday 6 February 2011

Wallhanging stage 4..... Most of the flat colours in

You are probably totally bored with these images....... and also wondering what on earth is going on with the design........ soon all will be revealed. I have managed to get all the main flat colours in the wallhanging today......... sorry that I have not displayed the full drop...... I was going to hang the whole 2.8 metres on the wall but the paint was not fully dried ............. not to mention that my cottage is not exactly a high ceiling mansion.
Doing this artwork reminded me of working on Panel Quilt covers back in the days (Dark Ages).. when the whole Quilt cover design had to be painted by hand... sometimes one for Double and King size and another for the Single size.... We used to work in groups on the wall.... a great workout! I always lost weight doing these...... then there was the Panel pillowcase and all the co-ordinates... one "package" could take weeks to do.... Anyway enough of this reminiscing...... hopefully tomorrow I shall start some detail........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...