Pages

Saturday 5 February 2011

Stage 3 - wallhanging........Full size draft of design and colour mixing


The finished size of the wallhanging will be 2.3m drop x 1m wide.... so as you can guess its quite big..... I am using a canvas roll and acrylic paints.

Today was spent drafting the full size from a miniature sketch and mixing the two key colours which are My
" Sunset Orange" and "Weekend Turquoise".... colours you may remember from my Pure colour trend post.
The mixing took ages........ I felt like a painter and decorator.
Then I transferred the colours to a sealable pot..... not at all like gouache which I usually keep on paper and can store in boxes and use over and over again......


Later I managed to get all the flat colours in..... another coat tomorrow.... I shall then show you the full piece so far.....










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...