Pages

Saturday 30 October 2010

Autumn Images from Allen Banks


I know it seems such a cliche that Autumn images are all the same but there is so much beauty in a typical autumn day.
Today was no exception.... the temperature was quite mild and the occasional sun streaming through the clouds hi lighted the leaves and the wonderful golden colours......
I tried to get early pics from a couple of weeks ago but had no opportunity to get out. I may have missed some of the fiery reds which I saw on my way into Hexham while driving..... fabulous ivy covering some of the buildings in the villages. However I have still managed to capture the golds and burnt green shades instead.


Allen Banks is an amazing beauty spot in Tynedale Northumberland. The sound of the full Allen river rushing over the rocks and pebbles and the tranquil pools in other deeper areas of the waters. The musty aroma of the end of summer with the falling leaves........ unfortunately a constant reminder of the winter to come.......


I took many photos...... these are just a selection. Have a look at my Flikr for the rest of the pics........ A few have my reflections images which I shall eventually do a series of paintings from. there are also my favourite images of foliage in the foreground and impressionistic effects in the background........ I dont know where to start.












This image here of the tumbling mini waterfall.....











Also my favourite part of the walk where the craggy cliffs are today covered with burnt bronze leaves......











This image made me think of an animal which had been mumified...... a great sculpture perhaps?...

2 comments:

  1. I love autumn and this year is one of the best for colour for a long time! Thanks for sharing your images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again.... its nice knowing someone appreciates the same thoings that I do.........

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...