Pages

Saturday 31 August 2013

Sneaky Peek, "Miss LuLi". First stages of new painting

Base colours in for my "Miss LuLi" painting
Today just started another pet Portrait of Dean and Lorraines gorgeous greyhound. "Miss LuLi" I have decided to put it aside for the time being because I just cannot decide whether or not to keep it simple on the natural ground or use a coloured ground like the ones in the pic. A green grey or smokey aubergine would look attractive and as LuLi has a very white nose which I will paint in using fine brushwork it may need the ground to show this off... otherwise she could be lost. 
I also want to incorporate some extra motifs into the picture as I had done when I painted the cat portraits..... lots of ideas and I cannot decide....... think I will do something else for the rest of the day and continue another day........ any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...