Pages

Monday 9 April 2012

"Sequinfern"........ Snail and Passion

"Sequinfern"
Today I have just completed a new artwork which I have entitled "Sequinfern".... Snail and Passion........It is the first of a new series of paintings which I may entitle the "Gibside" Collection, from last years visit to the grounds and walled garden at the Gibside, National Trust property in Co Durham. I have already worked up several paintings of the Artichokes last year which were very successful and I may do a few more........... This time I wanted to make the painting more decorative and I thought that the texture of the ferns resembled sequins so i decided to move away from a botanical study to more of a design. I kept the snail and passion flower more as a background shadow effect...... really enjoyed working on this as recently I have been working on large designs for wallpapers.... a welcome break.
Dimarsart©2012 All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...