Pages

Monday 14 February 2011

"Rosey, Rosey".... Wallhanging 2..... First stage


Hello Again!....
I am now working on my second wallhanging for the fair.......Another 1m wide x2.8m drop .... the last one had to be sketched out in more detail before I started painting but this idea shall be a little bit more freehand.
I have had the layout and motifs in my head for ages and the painted idea in the picture was one I created a few months ago and has been the inspiration and template for all my recent "Rosey" patterns and paintings.
The pencil sketch is very basic but as long as I get the main motifs in the correct position then the rest I shall just add as I am going along.
It is basically an engraving style technique using acrylic with a fine brush and then I shall add the colours like a wash or tint..........




I get the black in first......... usually I do this last but the great thing about acrylic is that it isnt opaque like gouache and I can layer more.......

I hope you follow the progress and any comments are much appreciated....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...