Pages

Monday 31 January 2011

Designer/Maker?.. Multi Tasker?.... Portfolio worker? .... Egg Cook and Bottle washer.... Gorgeous female....

After a very productive weekend working on my artwork for the fair..... I realised this morning what a shambles everywhere looked.
At the risk of being a serious grumpy old woman ... ( I decided to take the risk! )... and have a Monday morning rant....... (which could quite easily fall into afternoon anxiety over the "Proper" work that needed to be done.) I thought that my irritations were better off out than in and to be shared if anyone cares to read this rambling.
I decided to clean everywhere that was obviously dirty.. in between making phonecalls... ordering some art supplies.... and doing a few scribbles on paper when I had an amazing creative idea ......................... I also reflected how my working environment has changed. As a young designer, I designed, travelled to exotic places,pampered myself and ignored the pots in the sink.
Today I design, travel to the local Tesco, get excited over a new Boots lipstick and spend ages experimenting with Mr Muscle comparing it to Sink Buster.
However I have also decided that a lot of young designers out there seem to be Multi Tasker... Designer Makers... Portfolio workers (new name I just read about which means that one job does not pay so you have to go out and do other stuff... ) ..... So I am joining the club..... not sure that I want to go out cleaning at the old folks home though.........
anyway I must get back to comparing biceps with Mr Muscle.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...